Sunday, December 22, 2013

Thunder - Saturday 21st December - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Luke Morley
Wolverhampton 2nd Night
Breakfast in the hotel and pretty much all of the guests seemed to be kitted out in Thunder T shirts. Those I spoke with had all enjoyed the night before and most were disappointed not to be repeating the experience later. 

Rich was getting the train up from London and we met in Birmingham for a beer and to take in the delights of WBA v Hull City at The Hawthorns. This led to something that has rarely happened in 35+ years of watching top flight football when the match ball came straight to me in the 2nd minute. I'd like to report a clean overhead catch, but in reality it was more a parry sideways onto the head of the people next to me.

We tried to have a quick pint in Bilston afterwards at "The Trumpet" (famous to fans of Slade) but sadly it was closed until later that evening. I will have to return some other time. 

So, onto night 2 and more of the same. Slightly different order to part of the 2nd half and a dropped song, but if anything slightly better than last night - perhaps due to being fractionally less busy.

A nice nightcap followed in one of Wolverhampton's rock pubs. 

Setlist

[Acoustic]
Long Way from Home
Pinball Wizard
Robert Johnson's Tombstone
Heart of Gold
Carol Ann
You Can't Live Your Life in a Day
Long Train Runnin'
Love Worth Dying For
Higher Ground
When I'm Dead and Gone

[Electric]
She's So Fine
Everybody Wants Her
Pilot of My Dreams
In a Broken Dream
Hollywood Nights
Fly on the Wall
Empty City
Fade Into the Sun
Just Another Suicide (You Wanna Know)
Got to Get You into My Life
Don't Wait for Me
I Love You More Than Rock 'N' Roll
+
A Better Man
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
Merry Xmas Everybody

No comments: