Tuesday, March 24, 2015

The Who - Monday 23rd March - O2 Arena

The Who pt 2. On the floor with a decent view in the back row of the front block. We were able to get these pretty good seats as a result of the postponement of these shows from December (I couldn't make the original date due to the darts!), so it all worked out well.

Certainly, being on the floor you felt more part of the show and had an excellent view of the large visuals behind the band. Daltrey was in good voice (incredible for a man of 70 actually) and Townshend's between song patter was amusing and slightly different from last night. His playing was good (as with all the band) and there were windmills a-plenty!

Shame I've still yet to hear "Long Live Rock" live in 50+ Who shows, but I enjoyed this evening. Better than last night I felt, despite the inclusion of the dreadful "Eminence Front". Some friends who we met at the show assumed the 'oo might be on their last legs - I think they were pleasantly mistaken judging from the positive comments afterwards!

Setlist
I Can't Explain
Substitute
The Seeker
Who Are You
The Kids Are Alright
I Can See for Miles
Pictures of Lily
My Generation
Magic Bus
Behind Blue Eyes
Join Together
You Better You Bet
I'm One
Love, Reign O'er Me
Eminence Front
So Sad About Us
A Quick One (While He's Away)
Amazing Journey
Pinball Wizard
Sparks
See Me, Feel Me
Baba O'Riley
Won't Get Fooled Again

No comments: