Saturday, October 29, 2022

Kingdom of Madness - Friday 28th October - 100 Club, London

Brief review:  I'll be upfront and say that I had low expectations for this one and if Rhino's Revenge in Carshalton had not been cancelled then I wouldn't have been here. I've not seen Mark Stanway's new outfit before, but the constant lineup changes and postponements didn't bode well.

I'm pleased to report that it was excellent from start to finish with a decent selection in the 100% "Classic Magnum" set. Vocals, guitar and everything else were excellent. What a pleasant surprise - I shall return.

Venue and View:  Front and central (by centre pillar). 2 yards from the stage.

Setlist
Changes
Back to Earth
Just Like an Arrow
Wild Swan
The Prize
Need a Lot of Love
Les Morts Dansant
Love's a Stranger
Start Talking Love
Rockin' Chair
Soldier Of The Line
The Tall Ships
Only in America
[Micky Barker] Drum Solo
Midnight (You Won't Be Sleeping)
On a Storyteller's Night
Kingdom of Madness
+
The Lights Burned Out
Sacred Hour

No comments: