Thursday, June 29, 2006

John Fogerty - Hammersmith Apollo - Thursday 29th June

"And I like it, I like it, I like It, I like it, I la la la like it..." etc. John Fogerty is probably best known in the UK for being the writer of "Rockin' All Over The World", but in the rest of the World, he is known as the voice of Creedence Clearwater Revival. In this, his first British show in living memory, he ran through a near-perfect setlist (except for the absent "Almost Saturday Night") with great enthusiasm and a boisterous crowd (sporting, bizarrely an array of T Shirts including AC/DC and Pearl Jam) of all ages. 

An excellent band, including Billy Burnett (last spotted with Fleetwood Mac) backed up an energetic performance from Mr Fogerty (who must be at least in his late 50's). Recommended! PS if you got there late expecting to miss the support - there wasn't any! He came on at 8:10 and you could have easily missed half the show due to poor ticket information.

Setlist
Travelin' Band
Green River
Who'll Stop the Rain
It Came Out of the Sky
Lookin' Out My Back Door
Blue Moon Nights
Commotion
Born on the Bayou
Porterville
Cotton Fields
Ramble Tamble
Midnight Special
Bootleg
Deja Vu (All Over Again)
I Heard It Through the Grapevine
Have You Ever Seen the Rain?
Sweet Hitch-Hiker
Long as I Can See the Light
Keep On Chooglin'
Down on the Corner
Centerfield
Up Around the Bend
The Old Man Down the Road
Bad Moon Rising
Fortunate Son
+
Rockin' All Over the World
Proud Mary

No comments: