Friday, March 29, 2013

The Union - Thursday 28th March - Islington Academy

This was the rescheduled gig from the abandoned one a few weeks ago. The venue was noticeably less full than it was then - the pending Easter break may have had something to do with that.

Peter Shoulder appeared to have fully recovered and his vocals were top notch - as was the playing from the rest of the band. I couldn't put my finger on why, but this felt slightly flatter than other performances by this excellent band. That's not to say it wasn't good - I'd just give an 8/10 instead of their normal 9+.

Setlist
Step Up To The Plate
You're my Jesus
Tangled Up In You
Cut The Line
The Perfect Crime
The World Is Yours
Obsession
Saviour
Tonight I'm Alive
Black Monday
Fading Out Of Love
Black Gold
Siren's Song
+
Come Rain, Come Shine
Watch The River Flow

No comments: