Friday, October 02, 2015

Scouting For Girls - Thursday 1st October - Kingston Hippodrome

Having not been to the Kingston nightspot for years, I'm now back for the 2nd time in 2 weeks. This being Freshers Week, I'm even more out of kilter with the average age - strangely no proof of ID required for me on the way in.

Still, regular readers will know that I'm a fan of London popsters Scouting For Girls and this show followed a brief acoustic set at Banquet Records which unfortunately I couldn't make.

The venue was quieter than I'd expected, but filled a little by the time the boys came on stage around 10:40. A brief 50 minute set was a pleasant mixture of songs from the soon to be released new CD (included in the bargain £10 entrance fee) and some old classics, including "Elvis Ain't Dead", "Posh Girls" (Roy Stride informs audience member that is is "technically impossible" to be from Portsmouth and be posh) and, of course, "She's So Lovely". Sadly no "James Bond", but the audience gave a brief version themselves as the band left the stage. Great value and a good night as always.


No comments: