Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Cher - Wednesday 23rd June - Caesars Palace Forum, Las Vegas

"Ladies and Gentlemen"... Cher!

Yes, yes - Cher. Not my normal thing of course, but this is Vegas! In the cheap seats (a "bargain" $90 plus the obligatory US "convenience charge"), Cher's multi-million pound extravaganza wasn't quite what I'd expected. Rather than purely a concert, this was a collection of mini-plays / musicals acted out to Cher singing backed by a live band who played mainly in the wings.

There were a few surprises - she opened with U2's "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" and included Bob Seger's "Old Time Rock and Roll" (last heard a few weeks ago by Mr Rossi!). What was no surprise was the costume change after every song. Unfortunately this led to much too much video footage which did detract somewhat from the actual show. All in all, a 7/10 for me - but an experience none the less.

Setlist
I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
The Fire Down Below
Old Time Rock and Roll
The Beat Goes On
All I Really Want to Do
Half-Breed
Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves
Dark Lady
Don't Leave Me This Way
Take Me Home
Love Hurts
The Way of Love
After All
Walking in Memphis
If I Could Turn Back Time
+
Believe

No comments: