Friday, October 19, 2012

Scouting For Girls - Thursday 18th of October - Shepherd's Bush Empire

A seated engagement at the Shepherd's Bush Empire and I'd forgotten what a good view you get from the 1st tier. After a pleasant enough warmup act, Scouting For Girls hit the stage to great excitement from the crowd. Playing a mix of material from their first two albums as well as from the new one this was a pleasant if not extraordinary show. Obviously the crowd reacted best to the old material and I'm glad to say a few favourites remain in the set - especially "I Wish I Was James Bond". It'll be interesting to see if the band can take their popularity to the next level.

Setlist
Summertime in the City
Heartbeat
Downtempo
Love How It Hurts
The Airplane Song
I Wish I Was James Bond
Famous
Snakes and Ladders
Rains in L.A.
It's Not About You
Elvis Ain't Dead
Can't Help Falling in Love
1+1
Make This One Last
The Light Between Us
This Ain't a Love Song
Without You
Keep On Walking
She's So Lovely

No comments: