Saturday, December 21, 2013

Thunder - Friday 20th December - Wolverhampton Civic Hall

Danny Bowes of Thunder
(Wolverhampton 1st Night)
A trip to the Midlands for night one of two at the Thunder Xmas Parties. On my own for the first - the venue was heaving by the time I got there 10 mins before show time. I had to spend the acoustic set at the back before moving forward for the second half. A solid mix of favourites, rarities and covers with lots of audience participation, especially during an excellent "Do You Wanna Know (Just Another Suicide)"

Got soaked on the way back to the hotel!

Setlist

[Acoustic]
Long Way from Home
Pinball Wizard
Robert Johnson's Tombstone
Heart of Gold
Carol Ann
You Can't Live Your Life in a Day
Long Train Runnin'
Love Worth Dying For
Higher Ground
When I'm Dead and Gone

[Electric]
She's So Fine
Everybody Wants Her
Pilot of My Dreams
In a Broken Dream
Hollywood Nights
Fly on the Wall
Empty City
Fade Into the Sun
I'm Dreaming Again
Got to Get You into My Life
Just Another Suicide (You Wanna Know)
Don't Wait for Me
I Love You More Than Rock 'N' Roll
+
A Better Man
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
Merry Xmas Everybody

No comments: