Sunday, March 09, 2014

Who's Who - Friday 7th March - Half Moon, Putney

So here's a show I wasn't expecting to be at. When a previous social engagement finished earlier than expected I found myself heading home on the district line. I had a vague recollection that a gig had clashed on the day, so a quick trawl of the internet showed Who's Who at the Half Moon. A quick check of the watch showed I might just make it if I was quick.

So, I turn up (suited and booted) with a "goody bag" containing bottles of wine and beer (after a "long sporting lunch" with Alastair Cook, Brian Moore and Ieuan Evans - hic!). I imagine I looked quite out of place.

Still, the set played was top notch as always. A mix of hits and hardcore classics from the Live At Leeds era - the snippet of Roadrunner was a welcome inclusion. Slight hilarity when popping to the main bar to get a drink I was given a real glass rather than a plastic one. The barman looked at me a bit strangely when I said I was in watching the show. Still - well worth the detour!

No comments: