Sunday, September 15, 2019

SAS Band - Saturday 14th September - Shepherd's Bush Empire

One Liner: Spike's All Star band celebrate their 25th Anniversary. I'm a big fan of the concept, but have to say the guests and the songs they sing are becoming a little familiar.  After a very slow start, things got more energised when Toyah appeared and "surprise" guest Roger Taylor sang some unexpected tunes, but somehow this wasn't as fun as it should have been.

Setlist
The Jam
Don't Stop Me Now (Patti Russo)
Unchain My Heat (Patti Russo with Laurie Wisefield)
Battle Without Honour or Humanity (Hotei)
Freedom in the Dark (Hotei)
Since You Been Gone (Kip Winger with Neil Murray)
I'm in Love With My Car (Kip Winger)
Suffragette City (Toyah)
Sweet Child O' Mine (Toyah / Justin Hawkins)
I Believe in a Thing Called Love (Justin Hawkins)
I Want It All (Justin Hawkins)
For Your Love (Graham Gouldman)
Dreadlock Holiday  (Graham Gouldman)
(You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Madeline Bell)
Melting Pot (Madeline Bell)
Heroes (Roger Taylor)
Under Pressure (Roger Taylor / Justin Hawkins)
Rock and Roll (Roger Taylor)
29 Riff Overture
While My Guitar Gently Weeps (Ensemble)
+
With a Little Help From My Friends (Ensemble)

No comments: