Saturday, October 02, 2021

Wendy James - Friday 1st October - Islington Academy 2


Brief review:
 
 Whilst it's great to see Wendy still performing well, I have to say I find her solo material a bit "hit and miss". Some songs are good, but others drag a bit - for me at least. But then I am of the age where the reason I am here is for the Transvision Vamp songs, and those were performed well, even if it was difficult not to be mildly irritated by the posturing of the guitarist trying so hard to look cool. Maybe the Osmonds outfit didn't help!

Venue and View:  Pretty busy - and not a great venue compared to the larger downstairs room. We went for the right hand side, but towards the back and away from the hideously expensive bar!

Setlist

You’re So Great
Speedball
You're a Good Man, Sister
Can You Please Crawl Out Your Window? 
You're a Dirtbomb, Lester
If Looks Could Kill 
I Want Your Love 
Perilous Beauty
Little Melvin
The Impression of Normalcy
Tell That Girl to Shut Up 
Down on You 
Bad Valentine 
Baby I Don't Care 


No comments: