Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Ann Wilson - Tuesday 26th July - Sony Hall, New York

Brief review:  When travelling, I always keep an eye out for concerts in the vicinity. Being a fan of Heart, I was pleased that Ann was stopping off in NYC whilst I was there. Her excellent new album purchased in advance, this was a lovely evening with Ann's trademark powerhouse vocals to the fore. Being picky, I'd have loved to have heard one or two of Heart's big 80's hits, but then again, hopefully the band will do the rounds again soon so that I can. The cover of The Who's Love Reign O'er Me was fantastic. Dollars well spent!

Venue and View:  Raised section towards the back. Directly facing stage overlooking the floor audience. Decent view and in-seat waitress service in an old fashioned underground ballroom.

Setlist

[Set 1]
Even It Up
Straight On
Black Wing
Magic Man
Greed
Forget Her
Love Reign O'er Me
+
[Set 2]
Crazy on You
The Revolution Starts...
Bridge of Sighs
Love of My Life
Rain of Hell
Mistral Wind
Barracuda
+
Going to California
Black Dog

No comments: